There are so many reasons to be keeping chickens in your backyard
- Fresh organic eggs daily
- Another step closer to Sustainable Living
- The only environmentally sustainable pets that can turn waste into food
- Great pets for everyone from kids to the elderly
- Great for the control of insect and weeds
- Provide all natural fertilizer for floral and/or vegetable garden(s)
- Fertilizer a great material to add to your compost
- Chickens are a great alternative to a garbage disposal, cleaning up any healthy leftovers, day old bread, vegetable & fruit matter.
Chickens and are the only pet that gives you food each day in exchange for your love and care. Chickens are actually very low maintenance pets that provide not only eggs but hours of joy for kids and adults alike. Many people tell me how they drift off into another world (or even another Planet!!) watching their chickens go about their business. Chickens put a calming reality into a world that has become far too fast paced.
It's easy to lose sight of life's real treasures, but keeping chickens in your backyard, as many people have all over the world for thousands of years, before us, is one of those simple pleasures.
Chickens require very little space and live as happily in a city backyard as in the country.
Until the last couple decades it was considered the norm to keep a few hens in your backyard and many cities in the United States still allow residents to keep a few hens in the backyard, this grows more and more each year and people are quickly learning the enjoyment and rewards of keeping a few hens.
Imagine the joy and satisfaction of collecting your own eggs or breeding your own chicks, it's often the most simple things in life which are the most rewarding.
Give some serious consideration to keeping a few of your own chickens!